Today, only days before E3, Square Enix NA announced an HD Remaster of Final Fantasy XII titled Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age. This game will build on the system present in Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System. The original game was released on Playstation 2 back in 2006 while the remastered version appeared on foreign markets a year later making this a sort of anniversary release.
Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age, a HD remaster of the classic Final Fantasy XII is coming to PS4! Return to Ivalice in this glorious HD remaster of FFXII and for the first time in the West, experience the game like never before with the Zodiac Job System and a host of brand new features:
• Latest-generation high-definition graphical capabilities, including characters and movie scenes fully remastered in high-definition.
• True 7.1 surround sound, including high-definition voicing and newly recorded background music utilizing the current generation of sound production.
• Option to switch from the original and the newly remastered soundtrack.
• New trial mode where players can take on monsters and enemies in up to 100 successive battles
• Modern gameplay advancements including PS4 system trophy support and share functionalities, auto-save and shortened loading times
No official North America release date has been announced, however, it is stated to come out in 2017.